Black-eyed Sally's started out in 1995 as a tiny and fiercely independent BBQ and Blues joint. Owner James Varano was inspired by a trip to Memphis.We serve up award winning BBQ and Cajun cooking in a southern juke joint atmosphere.
Some of the awards we are most proud of are "Three Stars" from the Hartford Courant & Connecticut Magazine, The Hartford Advocate's "Best of Hartford" and "Very Good" from the NY Times.
Over the years Sally's has built a national reputation for bringing in some of the best artists on the blues circuit. In fact, Blues Reviews magazine rated Sally's as one of the best blues clubs in the USA. We are Hartford's home of Jazz, Blues, Rock & Roots music. Many well known acts have graced our stage over the years. We've seen Larry Coryell, J. Geils, John Scofield, Duke Robillard, Shemika Copeland and Ronnie Earl to just name a few. On occasion some really big names have dropped in to eat or jam at Sally's like Clarence Clemons, David Crosby, Graham Nash, the members of the Allman Brothers band, Dave Matthews and even the gang from American Idol. So if you're into great food & good music, Sally's is your place. Come for the food & stay for the music!
Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm w/bar open late
Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm w/bar open late
Sunday - 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Sally's welcomes reservations for parties of any size for lunch & dinner. On music nights you may reserve a table with a view of the show. We also have plenty of cocktail tables and a full menu is available at the bar. Please call early for reservations because we fill up fast!
On most Mon, Tue, and Wednesday nights, Sally's offers complimentary entertainment starting at 8 pm. On weekends there is a cover for the music which varies but is typically less than the cost of a movie ticket! Cover charges apply to everyone coming to enjoy the entertainment-even diners. However, if you are only here for dinner we can seat you on the other side of the restaurant and you don't have to pay cover. So come on out and support live music and the talented musicians that create it!
Heading 84 West
- Take the Downtown Exit (left side exit).
- Go to 4th light & turn right onto Main Street.
- Make an immediate left onto Asylum Street.
- Sally's is 2½ blocks down on the right-hand side.
Heading 84 East
- Take the Asylum Street Exit 48A.
- At end of exit turn right, at the 3rd light turn left onto Pearl Street.
- At this point you can either make a left into the large pay-to-park lot that spans between Asylum St. & Pearl St. or you can go to next light & make a left onto Ann Street.
- At next light make a left onto Asylum Street.
- Sally's is a ½ block down on the right.
Heading 91 North or South
- Take the Capitol Area Exit 29A.
- Follow exit all the way to the rotary.
- Make your first right off rotary and go to 2nd light.
- Turn right onto Trumbull Street.
- Go to 2nd light & make a left onto Asylum Street.
- Sally's is 1½ blocks down on right-hand side.
Where to Park
There are several pay-to-park lots across from, behind or adjacent to the restaurant; otherwise, street parking is available at meters. After 6:00 p.m. and on weekends it's not necessary to feed the meters.